Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: what are the pros and cons of selling your own property

Quote Originally Posted by eileenlim View Post
    that's because i love my neighbours and i want to ensure they will still have nice neighbours even i left.
    Oh boy, you could get a lower offer if you screen buyers like that... sacrificing money for the sake of your neighbours. Wa, you're almost up there with Mother Teresa liao

i don't think i will get a lower offer. by screening the buyers, i can also ensure that the buyers are responsible people. some buyers are jerks. i just try to be safe in anyways.

You'll likely get a lower offer in this market eileen. It's now a buyer's market and offers are hard to come by.

is there some sort of seminar or website that i can check out to learn about selling my own property?

i was always told not to believe agent's advice and make our own judgement and decision, if this is the case do we still need an agent?

that's why the topic is here is to discuss the pros and cons of selling your own property... aiyo....

someone shared with me that it's better to get an agent to sell your flat but to buy you can do without an agent.

the reason so is because you don't have to entertain all the incoming enquiries when you placed an advertisement. taking these enquiries can be tedious and many times the calls are made by other agents.

whereas buying a flat, you just has to read the papers called and arrange appt not so much of hassel.

i think it's kind of logic here.

but buying is tedious too what? you need to do alot of research like the recent transactions, nearby ameneties check etc...

true also. all i could say is that be involve in the procedure too. rather then just leaving everything to the agent, find out things on your own too. as you have heard many cases where agents mis-represent, so at the end of the day, it's better to know your stuff as the amount of investment is not small, better be busy then sorry.

i agree with anit. better to be busy then sorry. i have heard so many cases of agents cheating or misrepresentation. it's important to be really involved and fully understand the procedure.