Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: what are the pros and cons of selling your own property

now that the percentage of commission can be negotiated, doesn't it make it more difficult for the agent to fight for a good comm?

that's why some agents resort to funny methods to make you give them the commission. basically when ERA decided remove the fix commission scheme, i believed they hope to raise the service standard of agents so that deserving agents will get more comm but i think this will not work as it might backfire and make agent thinks of scheming ways to get more.

i heard case where agent make you signed on a empty commission form with a verbal agreement on certain % but turned out that they dishonour it and increase the %. such are just eg

to each his own. everyone is trying to make money. i would say if you meet one then just your luck lor.

Quote Originally Posted by eileenlim View Post
    to each his own. everyone is trying to make money. i would say if you meet one then just your luck lor.
    anyway, agents are just tools to help you in your paperwork, legwork and negotiation. at the end of the day, make a decision based on your own research.

Quote Originally Posted by irng View Post
    anyway, agents are just tools to help you in your paperwork, legwork and negotiation. at the end of the day, make a decision based on your own research.
    anyway i feel that the 1% comm is abit too much to pay. i have not been a gent before and i really don't know how hard they work to deserve this 1%.

Quote Originally Posted by anit View Post
    anyway i feel that the 1% comm is abit too much to pay. i have not been a gent before and i really don't know how hard they work to deserve this 1%.
    aiyo anit, give them a break lar. everyone is working hard for their rice bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by eileenlim View Post
    aiyo anit, give them a break lar. everyone is working hard for their rice bowl.
    talking about the agent's comm, is that such a thing that the agent can say. it's company ruling that the fee is 2% flat. since now that it is negotiable.

i think the agents who mention commission in dealings with clients are those who want to be transparent and want to gain trust.

sometimes it is necessary to keep it 'hush' just in case the client look like one of those selfish ones. commission, i feel, is just a way of saying thanks to the agents for helping out to settle the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by myong406 View Post
    i think the agents who mention commission in dealings with clients are those who want to be transparent and want to gain trust.

sometimes it is necessary to keep it 'hush' just in case the client look like one of those selfish ones. commission, i feel, is just a way of saying thanks to the agents for helping out to settle the deal.
    so is like giving an ang bao to appreciate them lar. if this is the case any amount is can lar. hahhhaaa

hahah. . . ang bao la. but cannot be so stingy. must give good impression then next time they will make things a lot easier for us