Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aircon Maintenance

Your air con leaking is mainly due to the gel like substance that sitting on the drainage pan which leads to a drain piping. I really do not know how this substance builts up but as soon as the gel get more and more, its actually choke the piping that lead to the drainage thus causing an overflow that we usually says it is leaking.

B4 u do anything, get hold of a digital camera & snap all those wires or connections. In anycase if u forget which connector should be go to, at least u got the pic to help U.

Just unplug the power point 1st & now U can remove the unit as much as U could to get to the drainage thing.
    I just did mine the other day

if drain pan is overflowing, try this simple trick first. Find the spot where the drain pipe is discharging into the floortrap. Use a vacuum to suck the gel out of the drain pipe.
    Most of the time, this will solve the problem, if it does not then u need to open up the fancoil and clear the pan.

Just use blower or vacuum cleaner to suck out the algae/goo from the outlet of your drain-pipe. all aircons will have this drain-pipe but you gotta know where it terminates.

after that, vacuum away all the water (if there's any) in the drain-pan.

You might want to try a coil-cleaner such as ConCaire (which will further help to dissolve the grime and goo on your evaporator fins, especially if you eat and bring hot-drinks into your aircon room)

Be careful with the vacuum cleaner on the coils, don't bend the fins!

As for explicit details on how to dismantle? Every aircon brand is different... just experiment yourself. You can try to search in youtube

Please help,I am looking for a Portable Aircon but have no ideal which brand is most recommanded?My preferrence,less noise and energy saver. . . thanks a million and merry christmas!

Anybody tried Chemical Servicing Aircon before?
    I need some feed backs and details before i consider if i should engage them.