Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aircon Maintenance

Default Aircon Maintenance

how much does a typical aircon maintenance cost. i heard there is also package cost. I'm just trying to make some comparision.

from what i know it is typical for air-con servicing to cause between $20 to $30 per blower.

this is for cleaning only - however if you are looking at chemical cleaning than it can be as high as $150 per unit.

it is better to change a new aircon unit if it's like over 10 years old. i heard older aircon tends to take up for energy

Yes, I think if the air-con unit is old make sense to change - new air-con are more energy efficeint and not only that I think it is hygenic issue.

Mold and dust mite ..... and usually old air-con unit has smell.

dad does the occasional washing. he will removed the parts and pour water to remove the dust so that it will not choke. that's why my aircon still works well after more then 10 years. i'm thinking to change is because of energy comsumption

Quote Originally Posted by cookies View Post
    dad does the occasional washing. he will removed the parts and pour water to remove the dust so that it will not choke. that's why my aircon still works well after more then 10 years. i'm thinking to change is because of energy comsumption
    humm, seems like there is no need for air-con servicing then, so are people cheated with servicing which are unnecessary - so is air-con servicing simply a gimmick that makes people spend money and creat jobs????

hahaha no lar. aircon servicing is still needed for people who does not know how to do or simply too lazy to do. it's just like getting a maid to do household chores. you know how to do it but simply can't find time or lazy. sam logic.

Exclamation air-con service tip

here's a tip to save on your regular air-con servicing package.

make it a point to clean out the filter of your air-con units at least once in 3 months. depending on the amount of dust in your area, more cleaning may be required.

if you think that the room with the air-con unit is usually opened, then u should also clean the filter more frequently.

never try to vacuum the pipes of the ari-con unit yourself unless u really know how to do it. if done wrongly, u can damage your unit.

one last tip. take good care of your air-con remote control as it costs over SGD$100 to replace one. still on this matter, it puzzles me that i dont see any universal remote that works for the air-con. anyone knows if they exist?

hey vince!

GOOD STUFF.

thx!

my aircon has been leaking for some time, i usually use a pail & put underneath it. any ideas on how to fix it on my own?