Thread: bath with hot /cold water

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default bath with hot /cold water

is it good to bath in cold water in a hot day?

The way you ask like there is something wrong with that

ha! ha! ha!

Does it matter? when it is hot of course bath with cold water.

I asked a Doctor friend - An Indian Doctor who got his certificate as a doctor from Scotland.

He told me it is better to bath with cold water at all time. Rationale behind is cold water closes our pores and is less damaging to our skin.

So anit, you come to any conclusion yet?

A lot of people have reported that it helps panic attacks, although I haven't seen any scientific backing for this it is purely anecdotal. However panic attacks bring blood rushing from areas of your body to those that need it most to get you ready for the flight or fight syndrome. Normally you would start to calm down after a while however if you suffer from panic attacks your adrenaline is still floating about in the body and your para-sympathetic nervous system does not shut down properly. It may be that a cold shower helps to shut down the system and readies it for heating your body up and getting blood to your vital organs.

Again some more anecdotal evidence, taking a cold shower every day helps to ward off colds. This is probably something to do with it strengthening the mucous membranes which, as mentioned above, helps to reduce fever, allergies and colds.

Try it for 21 days and see if you notice a difference.