View Poll Results: will you live in punggol?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, it's a nice location

1 20.00%
  • no, inconvinient and no amenities

3 60.00%
  • maybe later when the location is fully developed with recreation facilities

1 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: HDB at Punggol Area

Default HDB at Punggol Area

there seems to be a few new developments at Punggol. last time no body want punggol flats but now that the government put in efforts to create more recreation facilities there a seems like quite alot of young couples are snapping up the flats there.

Really?? Last time I went there, it's very quiet. I felt like I was in Singapore in some parallel universe.

in fact sengkang also another young couples' choice. 3 of my colleagues getting flats at that area too. i think many people prefer to get new flats then resale

If prices are the same, I would definitely prefer something new. However, prices for a new flat versus something even only briefly stayed in can vary quite a bit. I was looking at a new condo and a development beside it, which was completed a year earlier, and the new condo's price per square feet was around 10% higher even though design and facilities are similar. I find that hard to justify.

sorry mcmuffin, i don't quite understand what you were saying.

are you comparing condo with flats? are you refering that condo price is only 10% higher then flats?

I was comparing new condos with resale condos. Oops, wrong section...

my friend bought the HDB at Duxton Hill. the one that has 50 storeys. he bought at $470K for 44th storey for a 4 room. i was telling him it as a damn good price he get it. he is moving in end of this year.

he was telling me when he decided to buy this flat some 5 years ago many people was telling him stupid to pay almost half a mil for a HDB flat but comparing to the property marketing now, i think it was a good buy for the location and the paranomid view he is getting.