Thread: HDB question

Default HDB question

If i currently own a BTO flat and stayed for 5 years, can i apply another new BTO while i am in possesion of this 5 years flat WHICH i intend to sell off immediately after i get the 2nd new BTO flat? is this possible ?

The answer should be yes. But you'll need to pay a resale levy on the selling price if you buy a 2nd direct flat from HDB. Do call HDB to check on the restrictions and other issues to take note of. Their customer service officers are quite courteous. Better still, email them and you'll have the answer in writing from one of the higher-ranking officers. But you'll have to wait a few days for the reply.

how much or what percentage is the resale levy?

If already over the 5yrs MOP , then you are eligible to ballot or apply for another BTO flat. You have to pay resale levy (based on existing flat size) if you decide to get another BRAND NEW FLAT FROM HDB.

Usually it's not worth it to get a 2nd resale flat.
    Dont forget after paying the levy, a very basic kitchen reno will set you back at least another 10k++.

Even if you eligible for a 2nd brand new flat, your 2nd HDB loan is granted only if you are getting a BIGGER flat

Effectively, you be paying around 40k - 50k CASH , or more, just because you are getting a 2nd BRAND NEW FLAT. Might as well use the cash to pay for COV for a very good location and renovated resale unit.

does it means that if you are already a one time new flat owner, the next flat you can get is only a resale?

u can only buy a brand new flat 2 times at most. thereafter, u have to get resale.

oh does that applies to say first time owner you bought with mom then one got married and buy and a new flat with spouse is this still consider 2 times as the joint names for the second person is different