Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Go Green at Home

Default Go Green at Home

any suggestions on going green at home?

Don’t buy expensive chemical cleaners. Use baking soda instead. it’s great for scrubbing bathroom surfaces. Need to clean the windows or any mirrors in the house? Why not use white vinegar and water mixed together. It will do a great job and instead of using kitchen towel, use a newspaper. (Just make sure everyone has finished reading it first)

Here's my idea to go green in the home. Recycle everything possible. Glass, metal, plastic, paper, cardboard (don’t forget junk mail) and more. And participate in special item recycling days, such as for paints or electronics.

come on people. . . add your idea here and lets save the planet together =)

Quote Originally Posted by myong406 View Post
    Here's my idea to go green in the home. Recycle everything possible. Glass, metal, plastic, paper, cardboard (don’t forget junk mail) and more. And participate in special item recycling days, such as for paints or electronics.

come on people. . . add your idea here and lets save the planet together =)
    oh all the wonderful suggestions. these are really things that i don't know. baking soda, vinegar etc. good good...

Hey people... there's more ways to go green at home. check this out =)

Consider using compact fluorescent lightbulbs (CFLs). They cost a bit more than regular bulbs, but you'll lower your electric bill and pay less in the long run. CFLs last up to 10 times longer than traditional ones. You can buy CFLs at most hardware and home stores. To save more on lighting, install dimmer switches and use timers, indoors and out.

Use cloth for everything. Paper should not be an option. My mother used cloth (or just water) for everything, including cleaning, diapers and blankets. Old towels and saris were soft and made perfect blankets. Floors were cleaned with a wet cloth dipped in a bucket of water (with just a little disinfectant). No waste, paper or harmful chemicals to worry about.

Growing up, i had very little trash at home since i almost always reused everything. i reused clothes, toys, books, plastic bags – pretty much everything i had. Even the fruit peels and older food was picked up to feed the neighbour's dog the next day.

And today, I do my best to reuse, give away, donate or recycle everything at home. Giving gently-used toys away to a child in the neighborhood helps me get rid of the stuff AND starts friendships.

As inflation rises so does the cost of groceries, especially meat. The livestock industry and meat processing has proven to be a major contributor to environmental waste. Instead of a steady meat diet, why not try bean curd, beans and nuts as protein alternatives? Though it may prove difficult at first, we can teach children at an early age the importance of a well-balanced diet. =)

wow!

i like this topic. very useful. cant wait for more posts save the planet!

Quote Originally Posted by milooi View Post
    Growing up, i had very little trash at home since i almost always reused everything. i reused clothes, toys, books, plastic bags – pretty much everything i had. Even the fruit peels and older food was picked up to feed the neighbour's dog the next day.

And today, I do my best to reuse, give away, donate or recycle everything at home. Giving gently-used toys away to a child in the neighborhood helps me get rid of the stuff AND starts friendships.
    feed the neighbour's dog with overnight food. not too good bah.