Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Go Green at Home

Clothes made from organic cotton and recycled materials may sound better for the planet but making clothes, packaging clothes and shipping clothes takes energy – precious and non-renewable energy. Your best bet for green clothing is the same as your mother used to use, hand-me-downs. Or in this day and age, second-hand, thrift or consigned clothing. By buying used clothing you are recycling, reusing and reducing all at the same time. What could be better for the planet.

Bring a reusable water bottle, preferably aluminum rather than plastic, with you when traveling or at work.

Living green is better for our planet. Going green increases the chance that our children and grandchildren will have a clean and healthy world to live in. Going green is a great lesson to teach your kids. No more guilt over the eco-irresponsible things you know that you’re doing

Why not opt for a reusable, heavy-weight, natural cotton bag that is generous in size, machine-washable and won't shrink out of shape? And you don't have to choose between practical and chic any more. check out the array of colors and designs that won't fade after repeated washing.

i read somewhere a rarely heard green tip... if u keep a jar of coins at home, use it up! coz if everybody keeps them at home, that's that many coins that cannot be used in circulation. so more n more coins need to be produced, which uses up energy n raw materials that could've been better utilized elsewhere.

or better still just give away ur coins to someone who needs it more than u do

Default Green tip

Hahaha...That's quite interesting vosiez, definitely unheard of. As for myself, i use recycled water bottles all the time, but make sure you don't use it for too long, cos the plastic may be dangerous after awhile.

wow i'm really amazed by all the tips and efforts that you guys put in to go green and this makes me guilty. i must really put in some green efforts in my life.