Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flooring

Default Flooring

which type of flooring is better, marble or parquet? any idea how much they cost psf?

I think both marble & parquet needs quite a bit of maintenance

Quote Originally Posted by duffyduck View Post
    I think both marble & parquet needs quite a bit of maintenance
    my house is using marble now but it lose it shine after awhile. so i guess no matter what kind of tiles you use, care is important.

i feel that parquet looks nicer but is harder to maintain. dust particles and other debri tend to get stuck in between the pieces. marble if polished regularly, can really give off a super sparkle. but kind of expensive to get polishing services done

Quote Originally Posted by vincehu564 View Post
    i feel that parquet looks nicer but is harder to maintain. dust particles and other debri tend to get stuck in between the pieces. marble if polished regularly, can really give off a super sparkle. but kind of expensive to get polishing services done
    yar that's right. expensive leh. actually i tried using those floor detergent suitable for marble but i find that not use. i think must really get people to polish. end of the day is whether how much you willing to spend for maintanence.

just like car, you polish often, your car looks good, if not dull lor.

Aesthetics aside, marble is more cooling. You will appreciate how cool marble feels when the weather is hot

Marble tile flooring can be quite expensive and the flooring cost may be more than what you have budgeted. However if you have still desire to install marble tile flooring then you have another option that is synthetic marble tile flooring. Synthetic marble tiles are cheaper than the original marble tiles. But at the same time you cannot expect the durability and bright beauty of original marble tiles from the synthetic version. but on the whole, they have a 'cooling' effect

hmmm... marble seems to be a good choice but i prefer parquet. For, parquet flooring is that it is very cost-efficient. For, with non expensive polish renovation parquet flooring can retain its gorgeous and fresh look for many years.

Quote Originally Posted by fwong93 View Post
    which type of flooring is better, marble or parquet? any idea how much they cost psf?
    I bet for marble...

Ceramic tile adds value to your home because of its' durability and wide decorative range. There are varieties to suit every need and budget. Maintenance is simple as ceramic tile requires only sweeping and mopping. The downside of tile flooring is that it can feel cold for bare feet, it may be hard to clean light coloured tiles with wide seams and from personal experience I can tell you that things you drop on it usually break!