Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Flooring

Quote Originally Posted by fwong93 View Post
    which type of flooring is better, marble or parquet? any idea how much they cost psf?
    For me, I prefer marble.. It is more reliable for me.

marble seems to be more acceptable by the public vote and i'm glad my house is of marble flooring....hip yip hurray.

For me I think it is better if you choose parquet flooring, first there comes parquet flooring decorating value. It is very rich of look and texture. For, parquet flooring consists of small pieces of material, which allows decorators to create various floor patterns of them. Besides, parquet flooring can be laid right over concrete floor base. Plus, it provides decorators with the variety of choice in texture and color, because it can be made of different wood types, such as dark or light color wood, cherry, beech, oak, etc.

I personally like both. As to which to go for, it'll depend on the theme of my house or room. I use marble for my living room and parquet for my bedrooms

yar i think parquet can be nice for the room as it has th rich wooden texture that can make tht room less cool and thus more comfy.

i prefer those normal ceramic tiles. either white or black is nice and easy to maintain.

Quote Originally Posted by mhhouse View Post
    I personally like both. As to which to go for, it'll depend on the theme of my house or room. I use marble for my living room and parquet for my bedrooms
    Ditto that!

doesn't it look weird to have both 2 extreme different kind of floorings. unless you have a big house or the colour is close

i think it's ok lar. rooms can have different themes mah.

Well, marble is fine but in my opinion wood is more beautiful than marble, it gives you a warm color, and have an special point of view when your lighting is correct, also its easier to set your favorite decor with its special color. Also marble is harder than wood, and it gets colder than wood in winter.