Thread: Cannot install Windows 7 Beta on my PC

Default Cannot install Windows 7 Beta on my PC

Does anybody have this problem?

Strangely, it works on my laptop but not on my Acer PC, even after 100% completion of installation and the restart. at the last stage of the installation the monitor suddenly went blank with no signal and i cant do anything.

2nd time the same thing happened. im not sure if it's the PC because the keyboard was not responding to caps lock/num lock. If icant boot, installation will be corrupted and wont continue.

Is it graphics card issue?

Update: 3rd try - I tried to load my ATi Drivers prior to the Windows 7 installation but Setup cant recognize the drivers at all. Not sure if what i did was correct but i downloaded the appropriate file from ATi's website, then loaded it to my thumbdrive.

Win7 didnt recognize it whether it was unpacked or not.

That's why they only release certain builds to the public. Some will break while others will work. Usually the ones that are bound for public release are the better working ones.

Look out for the 47 build in April.

managed to solve the problem.. finally. got the full version of windows 7. looks great

If you’re currently using Windows Vista, the upgrade to Windows 7 is a no-brainer. Most of those currently using Windows XP should also upgrade, to take advantage of Windows 7’s usability, enhanced device support, and other features. But if you’re currently using a Linux distribution or a version of Mac OS X, Windows 7 isn’t going to offer much to get you to switch.