Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pots and Pans

Default Pots and Pans

hi there anyone can recommend me good brand of pots and pans.... this type of things i believe must buy good one cause they will be there for ages....maybe only buy one set that will last me for 10or even 20 years. Slightly more expensive nevermind... but must last and look good.

Most important can cook up good meals that taste good......

Default few things are made to last for 10 - 20 yrs

hi happylalapo,

few things are manufactured to last for 10-20 yrs. if they are , then the manufacturers would go bankrupt cos their products are so durable , sales figures are unable to go up.

hi eileen,

i bet to differ. somethings that are make to use for years stay for that purpose. eg, my washing machine has been with me for more than 10 years. the life span depends on the person who use the things whether do they bother to take proper care.

happylalapo,

don't get it. why would you want to use the same product for 10-20 yrs. it is not something of sentimental value like a gift from family members or love ones.

nowadays, manufacturers keep launching new products. take for instance. shampoo, clean care products, whenever new products are launched, i would buy and try.

if i have a pot which i have used for 10 yrs, i would be tempted to buy a newer pot with more new features to use.

hi don enemy,

i don't think it's so much about using the product for some many years. some products are built to last for a while. it's not about getting bored and thus changing new ones. we are not talking about fashion, throw when not in trend. we are talking about money? maybe you never really buy such things at home and probably you don't really understand the importance of buying a household item that last.

hi cookies,

true , i never really buy pots and pans. i usually buy little things like knife, dustbin , forks and spoon. stuff that will break down or not be effective after few yrs.

my mum , at one point, was very crazy with pots and pans. she kept buying them. i got so irritated seeing her waste so much money , buy so many pots that took up so much space.

last night , i was searching for a good mug to bring to my new office. ( previously, i already brought 2 very pretty mugs for office use - for clients to use ) .

last night , i searched for a mug for my own use. my family has accumulated a lot of mugs- they are usually free items banded with washing detergents / toothpaste purchases.

seriously tempted to throw away some as they are yellowish. but did not do it cos don't want to waste things.

seriously tempted to throw away some as they are yellowish. but did not do it cos don't want to waste things.[/QUOTE]

hey don enemy,

saw your remarks about yellowish mug. don't throw them away still good to use. just soak them with a bit bleach and it will turn out as nice, clean and white as new. but of course make sure you wash them cleanly after that.

huh? soak them in bleach. i do not know bleach works for mugs as well but kind of weird to be drinking mugs that have been washed bleach.

thanks for the info. will try it soon.

Ha! Ha!

Cookies thank you for explaining to Don...

I am looking for pots and pans that will not only last and also can cook up good food. A friend of mine told me there is this brand of cookware, not cheap to own a set. She says it is like miracle pots , where whatever you attempt to cook will turn up delicious. She also say it cost more than 1000 even up to 2000 for a good set, however, she could not tell me the brand so now i am searching for it .

wah i won't pay $1,000 to $2,000 for pots and pans lor. i don't believe got such miracles. if you have the right cooking skills, even you use a $10 pot also can cook up good food.