Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inconsiderate neighbour

Default Inconsiderate neighbour

I have a neighbour who has mahjong sessions every Sunday till late...like 4-5am. It's really disturbing cos everyone needs to sleep early to go to work on Monday. Other than that, we get along fine. How do you tell such a neighbour they're being inconsiderate?

the best thing is you are in ok terms with them. that would make things alot easier.

you could just casually said 'hey you played mahjong often in weekend is it?' and when she said yes, take the opportunity to tell her nicely.

i think they can get the hint.

Yeah, I agree. The direct approach is better. Otherwise, they might not get the hint. But of course, do it in a diplomatic way.

fwong, you not my neighbour right? hehe, my ma used to play mahjong till morning. She thought our neighbours couldn't hear until he wrote a nice letter asking us to quieten down. I find it funny lor, until we had to install sound proofing so that my ma can carry on playing. My poor wallet

serious, you really install sound proof at home just because of mahjong. really got $$$$ man.

No $$$ also must install lor. Otherwise it will not be poor wallet but poor ma

good and rich son hor.

Thanks guys! My wife hinted to her yesterday....hopefully it will work...Let's see this sunday still got or not

so does the hint works? hahahaha or longer mahjong sessions.

i think it worked...sort of...they stopped at 12midnight...hopefully it will reduce to 11pm this week