Thread: Paintwork or wallpaper

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Juju, don't mind me asking? Are you a gal or guy? Painting quite tiring.

Think twice

i gal lar, but if cookies' mom at 55 years old can paint why can't i? i'm only in my late 20's. anyway i got some paints over the weekend, and started doing a small portion of my living room. it's kind of fun especially if you do it with your partner. but make sure don't argue with him cos sometimes a task like this can cause dispute. we almost have an heated arguement over the colours but we both reason it out and come to a conclusion of a nice baby blue for the living room.

enjoy....

Cool water-based vs oil-based paint

am I too late to be in the discussion? Just to share my cents worth...

Besides color of paints, personally, I thought the type of paint used is also critical. You would really have to consider between water-based and oil-based paints, especially when its a DIY paint job.

Water-based paints (also often referred to as latex paints) is less prone to fading or yellowing than oil-based paint. It is dry to touch in minutes and ready for a second coat in about four hours. Oil-based paints are dry to the touch in six to eight hours but need twenty-four hours before re-coating. The longer the drying time the greater the chance of insects and dust penetrating the wet surface. That would be a really obvious disadvantage for oil based paint.

Water-based paint is also easier to apply as it flows off of the brush or roller. Oil-based paint is sticky and must be stretched out and worked into the surface.

The advantage of using oil-based paint over water-based is that oil-based paint requires less surface preparation and adheres to dirtier, shinier, or more weathered surfaces than water-based paint. It is more resistant to abrasion.

Hope this is helpful....

wow so much knowledge about paint. i'm not sure the paint i bought was it water based or oil based. I bought the Nippon Paint’s 3-in-1 Medi-Fresh Anti-Bacterial paint. Its special anti-bacteria formula helps inhibit bacteria growth, thus lowering the risk of flu, diarrhoea and other ailments in households.
    i think this will helps in the long drying period that will cause inserts and dust of oil base.