Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paintwork or wallpaper

actually painting is quite easy just go thru a layer of coat first then apply the piant. like that you ensure that the coat is smooth. even my mom can do it. she recently painted the whole house herself. she is 55 years old. i really admire her stamina. she said everyday paint abit lor. if she can you can too. and most important is she really does a good job. well done mom...

cookies

wow cookies' mom, kudos to you.... my mom can't paint walls but she is a good cook. let's all give thanks to all the wonderful mothers in the world. shi shang zhi you ma ma hao....

JuJu

JuJu, i say thank you on behalf of my mom. Yar all moms are wonderful...

think about it, i might want to paint my house also before CNY since i'm already off work. will go check out some colours this weekend.

happy CNY!!!!!!
    Juju

Juju, don't mind me asking? Are you a gal or guy? Painting quite tiring.

Think twice

i gal lar, but if cookies' mom at 55 years old can paint why can't i? i'm only in my late 20's. anyway i got some paints over the weekend, and started doing a small portion of my living room. it's kind of fun especially if you do it with your partner. but make sure don't argue with him cos sometimes a task like this can cause dispute. we almost have an heated arguement over the colours but we both reason it out and come to a conclusion of a nice baby blue for the living room.

enjoy....

Cool water-based vs oil-based paint

am I too late to be in the discussion? Just to share my cents worth...

Besides color of paints, personally, I thought the type of paint used is also critical. You would really have to consider between water-based and oil-based paints, especially when its a DIY paint job.

Water-based paints (also often referred to as latex paints) is less prone to fading or yellowing than oil-based paint. It is dry to touch in minutes and ready for a second coat in about four hours. Oil-based paints are dry to the touch in six to eight hours but need twenty-four hours before re-coating. The longer the drying time the greater the chance of insects and dust penetrating the wet surface. That would be a really obvious disadvantage for oil based paint.

Water-based paint is also easier to apply as it flows off of the brush or roller. Oil-based paint is sticky and must be stretched out and worked into the surface.

The advantage of using oil-based paint over water-based is that oil-based paint requires less surface preparation and adheres to dirtier, shinier, or more weathered surfaces than water-based paint. It is more resistant to abrasion.

Hope this is helpful....

wow so much knowledge about paint. i'm not sure the paint i bought was it water based or oil based. I bought the Nippon Paint’s 3-in-1 Medi-Fresh Anti-Bacterial paint. Its special anti-bacteria formula helps inhibit bacteria growth, thus lowering the risk of flu, diarrhoea and other ailments in households.
    i think this will helps in the long drying period that will cause inserts and dust of oil base.