Thread: $$$ Steamboat $$$

Default $$$ Steamboat $$$

hi peeps!

any suggestion for good steamboat ? Don't know why ..whenever nearing to CNY, I would want to have steamboat with frens and family .....

I only know a few:
    1) Tan Quee Lan Street, Tian Tian
    - nice soup base but they charge for the soup leh so expensive hor ... Parking sucks big time !
    2) Golden mile complex, Thien Kee Hainanese Steamboat
    (can't rem wat the name of the place)
    - Located at the basement, this one is really a gem. Also serve hainanese chicken rice (chicken is tender and juicy. Yum!), together with steamboat, you can cry while eating! Only thing is ingredients comes in a set (so bad for big eater; no buffet lah) but I like it cause its very traditional style.

Want to check out :
    Serangoon Gardens Way, Mushroom Park
    - definitely for mushroom-die hard fans (like myself)

Also, anyone try the porridge steamboat before? So interesting hor...let me know if you have some hidden gem waiting to be discovered!

have a great weekend !

Hi Super gal,

you tried Tian Fu along Katong road (dont rem exact address; opposite petro kiosk). They got another one at opposite tiong bahru market car park. Tasty soup base & fresh ingredients! Buffet style and cheap also !

check it out

Default 重庆正宗老火锅 (Chongqing Original Old Hotpot)

Hi Supergal,

Check out this Chinese, Sichuan/Hunan Steamboat Located at #01-02 Chye Sing Building, 87 Beach Road for a change.

Go for the medium-spicy chilli soup on 1/2 the pot and chicken broth soup in the other half. The chilli mala soup (麻辣汤) was great and I liked the chicken soup too. The freshness of the meats and seafood was pretty obvious. The large flower crabs and juicy prawns were a delight, though my personal favourites were the thin-sliced meats - mutton, beef, pork - which were not over-marinated and went well with the mala soup. Also, this shop offers about 7 or 8 types of dip sauces - sesame oil, peanut, fermented beancurd, soya sauce - nice ! yumz !
    All this for $15 flat ! Finally the most incredible thing I saw here - and this is something I've not seen in Singapore for a while - is that the shop workers were actually generously topping up the food at 10pm+ (officially their closing time) ! If you know of a place that beats this for value & quality, let me know !

Juju

thanks ya ! JuJu

can almost drool reading your description!

Got aircon or not huh? I really cannot enjoy steamboat without aircon! hahaa

can't remember if got aircon. cos i was sitting outside as it was brezzy nite. but no worry lar, the sweat is worth it.