Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hard-to-maintain Furniture

Default Hard-to-maintain Furniture

What's the furniture you find hardest to maintain?

Wooden furniture, need to clean often as dust traps in between the lines of the carving / patterns. Then there is the bugs wood bugs that stay in there once the wood is not properly treated. And getting rid of it takes lots of time to locate the eggs. And always need to polish.
    The problems are heard from your friendly maid next door.

Those sofa with heavy padding. Tried to clean my sofa right in between the lines, found coins, dirt, peanuts, hair etc........yucks........ Luckily wore gloves.

peanuts?? hahahah..

Juju luckily no meat pieces or else i will be there. Roarrrrrrr.......

Anyone tried cleaning Rattan furniture ? That is difficult especially in between the joints. Then there are those mini spider web. Very difficult.

Rattan.......that brings back memories of my parents caning me while running around half naked.

Thought lion can run pretty fast to avoid all obstacles ?

Yes rattan is really a pain when it comes to cleaning. Usually the old generation use a big of flame to clean thoroughly.

Quote Originally Posted by cookies View Post
    Anyone tried cleaning Rattan furniture ? That is difficult especially in between the joints. Then there are those mini spider web. Very difficult.
    I have Rattan furniture.It can be waxed, painted, course dusted or polished. Wetting of any furniture whether it is a cane or wicker or the rattan furniture is not good. Dusting on a usual basis avoids scratching on the furniture. Use clothes and brush or normally wipe over furniture and cleaning dust particles. It is suggested to do this in a week.Use a sponge and soft cloth dip in soapy water. Avoid detergent that contain chemical, it may prove harmful for furniture. Always use soft soap for wiping rattan furniture.