Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leather Furniture

Default Leather Furniture

Hi guys, question. When you buy leather furniture, what type of questions do you ask the salesperson to ensure it's a good buy?

The type of leather, how lasting and easy to maintain lor. And of course must compare price

for me, as long as it's nice and reasonable price, then it's fine. i won't ask too many questions, cos i like to change my furniture often

I think you major concern when buying leather furniture is either the leather used is artificial leather or natural leather. Artificial is almost the half price compared to natural and some shop keepers scams their customers like that BE CAREFUL.

i think the most important is durability and maintanence.

leather goods must maintain or else no matter how expensive it is, will easily spoil.

Where it is made. As now lots of furniture are from Buffalo skins which is bigger and would be easier to work with for upholstery. And do look out for the join pieces or stitch together pieces as more pieces cheaper the leather, becauz they are able to join smaller pieces together. Maybe more stitching more work manship but lesser leather are being used.
    Color fastener of the leather, do bring a piece of tissue or white handkerchief, and dap a bit of your saliva on the cloth and rub a bit of the leather to check the color stability.

Will ask my bf to wear white pants (like secondary school) and start rubbing his ass on all the new leather sofa to check the color stability.

Eileen remember to spit onto the brand new sofa to get check for color fastener. If you are trying in a store please do consult the sales personnel permission before doing all this.
    (Saliva is Ph balance and contains enzymes to break down some fats in the leathers)

Yucks imagine before you brought it back home there are like how many people spits there already.

One way to test whether it is real leather or fake is to use fire or heat. Once synthetic leather comes in contact will definitely melt or burn a hole. Leather will withstand. Please ask before trying on some samples swatch.