Freshly made juices are a wonderful source of vitamins and minerals which are the partners of enzymes and co-enzymes. Enzymes are essential for digesting, absorbing and converting food into body tissue and are critical for most of the metabolic activities taking place in your body.
Another benefit of drinking fresh juices is that your body can absorb MORE of the vitamins and minerals then if you were to eat the fruits and vegetables whole! Many of the nutrients are TRAPPED in the fiber and by blending fruits and vegetables, you break down the fiber and release the vital nutrients.
Vitamins and minerals are only required in very small amounts, but a diet insufficient in these can cause severe deficiency diseases.
Try this zesty drink if you're run down and fighting colds and flus. It provides an instant boost to the immune system for those who haven't been eating a balanced diet.
150g papaya | 150g grapefruit | 150g raspberries | 1/2 lime and slices for decoration
1) Juice the papaya flesh with grapefruit (with the pith left on) and raspberries.
2) Squeeze in the juice of the lime and stir. Serve with ice cubes. (makes 200 ml)
Packed with vitamins from the fruit, protein, calcium and magnesium from the yogurt make this delicious smoothie a small meal by itself.
1 large banana | 1 large ripe mango | 150g plain yogurt | 300 ml pineapple juice | pineapple chunks
1) Slice the banana and mango. Freeze for at least 2 hours or overnight.
2) Blend the frozen banana and mango with the yogurt and pineapple juice.
Process untill smooth, served with pineapple chunks. (makes 600 ml)
Loaded with vitamin C, as well as calcium and magnesium which are necessary for cell repair, this healthy smoothie is the ideal drink to kick-start your day!
2 bananas, peeled | 200g raspberries | 125g blueberries | 1 small glass of unsweetened cranberry juice | 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
1. Chop the bananas and blend with berries and cranberry juice. Add the yogurt and blend untill smooth. (makes 300 ml)
This refreshing drink contains 3 effective cleansers. The antioxidant in apple is nature抯 weapon against aging. Celery lowers blood pressure and grape helps to fight urinary disorders.
2 celery sticks | 1 crisp apple | 100g green grapes | ice cubes
1. Chop the celery sticks and apple, juice with grapes. Served with ice cubes. (makes 300 ml)