90g chilli padi
250g small onions
2 slices of belacan
1) Blend the chilli padi using a blender.
2) Cut belacan into pieces and blend together with the chilli.
3) Pour 2 serving spoons of cooking oil into wok. There is no need to preheat the oil. Stir fry sambal paste over medium low heat for 5 minutes.
4) Make a deep cut in the fish's belly and another less deep cut at the top part of the fish. Do this on both sides.
5) Let the paste cool, then stuff the Selar with the sambal paste through the cuts and gill cover.
6) Pour cooking oil into wok (such that ½ of the fish will be submerged in oil) and heat it up. Fry fish over medium fire until fish is golden-brown.