If you love yourself some laksa but can't bear to think about the calories one bowl contains, all you have to do is to make it the healthier yet tasty way. Go on, have your laksa and eat it too!
125 g rice vermicelli noodles
40 g laksa paste (2 tbs)
300 g skinless chicken thigh fillet, sliced
150 g tau pok (or firm tofu for a healthier option)
2 1/2 cup(s) Shitake mushroom, slice
3 whole stock cubes, dissolved in 750ml hot water
250 ml low-fat milk
1 tsp cornflour, dissolved in 2 tbs water
1 serving bo choy, stems shredded
1 serving fresh bean sprouts
2 tbs fresh coriander
1 medium lime, cut into wedges
1. Boil noodles for 2 minutes.
2. Drain the noodles, put in a bowl and leave aside.
3. Heat wok over high heat and add laksa paste.
4. Add chicken, mushroom and tau pok and stir for 10 mins.
5. Add stock, followed by milk. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low.
6. Add cornflour and stir until it thickens.
7. Add bo choy and cook for another minute.
8. Pour laksa sauce over noodles and sprinkle with bean sprouts and coriander. Serve with lime wedges.