Recipe courtesy of Bake King
Sinfully delicious that is! Indulge in some gluttony this Christmas. You deserve every bite!
875gm raspberry puree
50gm caster sugar
1. Soak gelatine in ice water.
2. Heat raspberry puree and sugar together.
3. Add in the gelatine and let it melt.
4. Pour into semi-circle log mould and set in the freezer, preferrably overnight.
Flourless Chocolate Sponge
9 egg yolks and 75gm caster sugar
9 egg whites and 110gm sugar
60gm cocoa powder
1. Pre-heat oven at 180°C.
2. Whisk egg yolks and sugar until foamy.
3. Whisk egg whites and sugar until stiff. Fold into egg yolks mixture.
4. Sieve cocoa powder and fold in.
5. Lightly dust a large baking tray with flour, pour in the mixture and bake for about 10-15 mins.
280gm egg yolks
380gm caster sugar
700gm dark chocolate 70%
400gm dark chocolate 50%
1,100gm whipping cream
5 leaves gelatine
1. Whip whipping cream until it's stiff and set aside.
2. Melt dark chocolate under water bath. Place in a mixing bowl.
3. Whisk egg yolks and eggs into the chocolate until slightly foamy and leave to cool.
4. Boil sugar and water.
5. Add sugar mixture to the egg mixture and whisk until it thickens.
6. Melt gelatine in microwave.
7. Add gelatine to melted chocolate.
8. Lightly fold in the whipped cream into chocolate mixture with a spatula.
9. Lastly, fold in the egg mixture bit by bit and mix thoroughly.
1. Pour in mousse into a semi-circle baking tin until it's half full.
2. Put in raspberry jelly and cover with more chocolate mousse.
3. Cut sponge cake to the size of the baking tin and cover the top layer. Put it into the freezer to set (overnight).
4. Place the chilled cake on a wire rack set over a baking sheet.
5. Melt the chocolate, pour the warm glaze over the cake to coat it completely and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
6. Decorate as desired (e.g. macarons and edible ornaments).