Cooking Level - Beginners
Cooking Time - 15 mins (Excluding food preparations)
Spaghetti* 180g (Blanch spaghetti for about 8 mins in boiling water)
Garlic 3 cloves (Chopped)
Chicken Stock 6 tablespoons
White Cooking Wine 4 tablespoons
Curry Leaves 8 leaves
Chilli Padi 1 no. (Fine Cut)
Lemon Grass 1 no. (Fine Cut)
Olive Oil 100g
Sea Salt To taste
Fresh Italian Parsley Rough Cut
Fresh White Clam 4 tablespoons
Thyme ½ a teaspoon
*Chef recommends using thicker sphagetti, penne or linguine.
1) Heat up olive oil on a non-stick frying pan for about 1 min.
2) Then add, chopped garlic, thyme, curry leaves, lemon grass and chilli padi. Saute for about 3 mins.
3) Add fresh white clams, chicken stock and white cooking wine.
4) Cover the frying pan for about 8 mins till the clams are fully open.
5) Add blanched spaghetti and sauté for another 3 mins.
6) Add sea salt to taste n sprinkle fresh Italian parsley as garnishes.
Tips: Remember to always use roughly chopped garlic as fine minced garlic gets burnt easily and will give a bitter taste to your pasta.