Courtesy of www.whiskandfold.com (Delcie's Desserts)
Serving size: 1 loaf for 6-8pax
medium mixing bowl
electric cake mixer
6 slices of wholemeal bread
1 tbsp olive oil
150g raw sugar
3 beaten eggs
360ml skim milk
160g apple sauce
3 eggs, beaten
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large organic green apple, peeled and diced into cubes
1) Preheat the oven to 175℃. Lightly brush loaf tine with some cooking spray.
2) Cut bread into cubes and combine with olive oil, diced green apples, raisins, and cinnamon; mix well, and transfer to loaf tin.
3) In a medium mixing bowl, beat eggs till bubbles form on surface. Stir in raw sugar, milk, apple juice, and vanilla extract.
4) Pour mixture over the bread mix into the loaf tin. Using a fork, lightly push down the bread until it soaks up the egg mixture. Let it sit for 5 mins for bread to fully absorb the egg mixture.
5) Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Make sure that the top springs back when lightly tapped.
6) Serve with a scoop of low-fat vanilla ice-cream while the pudding is warm.